Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: JRSC'ed EX Owners, Please Help

  1. #11
    Inactive Member stealthex's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2000
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    -1999 EX
    -5 speed
    -6 psi
    -AEM CAI, Apexi RS catback
    -I used to get about 1 car length on my friend's stock Si and still 1 car length when he got an AEM. I only raced him at stoplights to 60 mph.
    -I haven't raced an Si with I/H/E
    -I pulled 131 hp and 116 ft/lb on the JR dyno. Definitely more powerful then when I just had an AEM. Like everybody else said, the advantage is in the top end.
    -The Greddy turbo isn't available for 96+ civics yet. From what I've heard the Greddy kit is still weaker then the JRSC in base form. I would rather have an FMAX kit but I live in Cali.
    -I'm pretty satisfied but I wish it would have made a little or power. I probably should have saved my money for a B18C1 swap but my car is a 99. There aren't many 99 or newer gsr engines that would be reasonabally priced. Besides I needed some more power now and I couldn't wait 3 or 4 years for a reasonabally priced B18.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member honda9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    97 Civic Ex 5spd
    JRSC 6psi
    DC 4-2-1 Header
    HKS Exhaust
    Modified Akimoto intake
    Mocal Oil Cooler

    I guess that I'm happy with the JRSC, just wish I had alittle more power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •